As part of the Armitage Shanks 200 year celebrations and to support the Armitage Thanks fundraising project on June 25th a group of 8 completed a 200 mile circuit in one day. In doing so they have raised an impressive £3111.
Although all were regular cyclists it was a huge challenge for all of them – for some it meant 16 hours in the saddle.
Some ride facts:
- The 200 mile route went from the Armitage Shanks factory and headed West into Wales – going up a mountain or two then returning to Armitage
- Nearly 7,500 ft. of climbing
- An estimated 9,000 calories was burnt by each of them
- Four team members work at Armitage – Steve Williams, Martin Baker, Owen Duggins & Alan Parish
- Four team members are from local cycling clubs – Mike Stokes, Doug Lewis, Graeme Hickin & Sebastian Krysa