Charity Football Match raises £250
Once again this event was organised by Daz Houston, who did really well to get around several obstacles to keep the event running for another year and raised around £250 for Armitage Thanks.
The numbers were slightly down on last year due to the boxing event, so a different format was put in place. The leaders put out a side with the help of a few of the younger lads to make up the numbers and played a works team.
The leaders with an average of +10 years on the opposition won 9 : 5. Rhe game was played in the true spirit of the game with many crunching but fair tackles going in, so the referee said!
A few points worth mentioning,
- Baggy (Dave Bagnal) scoring a hat trick and doing three laps of Rugeley to celebrate.
- Scot Brinley scored a goal which should have been on match of the days goal of the season.
- OLD GAZ EDWARDS, ran the show, unbelievable how someone of his age who is blind as a bat ran circles around everyone, top player.
- A favourite moment was when two of the young works team lads had to leave the pitch with 10 minutes to go because they were tired !!!
- Fair play to several of the players who were also boxing the next night.